Parts Professional Authors
Spring Safety Tips 2017
With the frigid months of winter behind us, it’s time to start thinking about spring maintenance. Trucks take a beating during harsh winter weather. Here are the top 4 spring safety tips for your truck.
Get a brake check.
Brakes can experience significant wear and tear during the winter and must be inspected as soon as possible. A Peterbilt professional technician can adjust your brakes if necessary, check for corroded parts and components, and inspect for air leaks. Make a brake check your top priority this spring.
Get your batteries tested.
Severe winter weather can shorten the lifespan of your truck’s batteries. Get your batteries load-tested by a technician as soon as possible to determine if they need to be replaced. They can also check your alternator for any signs of malfunction.
Have your lights examined.
Your truck’s lights could be on the verge of burning out after enduring so many long winter nights. If your lights have dimmed, have them tested to see if the bulbs need to be replaced and to confirm that all electrical wiring is in proper condition.
Inspect your windshield.
Windshields take a pounding during the winter. Have a tech inspect for any cracks or chips that may have been caused by heavy rain, hail, or snow.
Stock up on the parts that you need by visiting your local TRP Store as soon as you can. We sell durable and dependable batteries, lights, alternators, and much more. Check TRPParts.com for our latest special deals and offers. Bring your loyalty card and save big on parts and accessories!
- Control the Road Ahead With TRP® Tie Rod Ends
- Choosing the Right Air Dryer Cartridge to Protect Your Brakes
- Meet the Demands of Your Business With Bezares PTO
- Get the Most Out of Your Fan Clutch With Horton’s DM Advantage®
- Reinforce Your Truck with Comfort and Control by Investing in PACCAR OE Shocks
- TRP: 20 Years of Quality and Value
- The Right Drum for the Right Application
- For Flexibility and Durability, Think TRP Exhaust Bellows
- TRP All-Makes All-March Event
- TRP Introduces Fan Clutch Repair Kits
- TRP Introduces All-Makes Super Heavy Duty AC Compressors
- TRP Announces New Warranty And Product Offerings For Performance-tested Air Springs
- TRP® Introduces New Lubricant Program