Fly Down the Road With Peterbilt 579 Mirrors
What do Formula One racing, tree branches and aircraft wings have in common with your Peterbilt truck? More than you might think.
They all helped inspire a mirror that gives you optimal aerodynamics, fuel efficiency, durability and a design that reflects the unique look of your Peterbilt truck.
I recently spoke with one of Peterbilt’s industrial designers about the new 579 side-view mirrors. He talked about the design process behind developing a product that really captures the emotions of a driver. After all, these aren’t just truck mirrors, they’re Peterbilt truck mirrors.
When you have a truck that’s so distinct and unique it can be recognized from half a mile away, you need a mirror that lives up to the brand. So the real design challenge with the new 579 mirrors was to create something sexy and unique compared to other products on the market.
The design team at Peterbilt set out to develop a mirror that didn’t just exceed expectations when it came to functionality, but worked in harmony with the rest of the vehicle. They looked at the latest trends in everything from the automotive industry to Mother Nature herself—Ferrari, Formula One racing, tree branches, wings—to design a mirror that’s both fluid and modern.
The finished product is the perfect balance of form and function. It’s a California-style mirror: industrial, but very light and attractive. Built like old bridge construction, its arms are cast in metal for superior strength and durability. The unique dual-wing design allows air to flow through, over and under it for optimal aerodynamics and fuel efficiency. In fact, if you cut the arm in half, it looks like an aircraft wing.
And that’s ultimately the sense you get with the Peterbilt 579 mirrors—you’re flying down the road.
Class Pays with genuine replacements. Ask your Peterbilt dealer about more parts designed for your Peterbilt truck.
- Make an impression with TRP® Chrome-Plated and Stainless-Steel aftermarket truck parts.
- TRP® Air Springs Keep You Comfortable on Any Terrain
- The Perfect Fit for Your Exhaust System
- Reduce Maintenance Costs with Bendix SmarTire™
- 5 AC Tips to Stay Cool this Summer
- Road Readiness
- ROUTINE MAINTENANCE WILL KEEP YOUR TRUCK PERFORMING AT PEAK EFFICIENCY
- We Are Here For You Now and in the Future.
- International Roadcheck
- Maintaining the Integrity of Your Exhaust Aftertreatment System is Crucial
- Control the Road Ahead With TRP® Tie Rod Ends
- Choosing the Right Air Dryer Cartridge to Protect Your Brakes
- Meet the Demands of Your Business With Bezares PTO
- Get the Most Out of Your Fan Clutch With Horton’s DM Advantage®
- Reinforce Your Truck with Comfort and Control by Investing in PACCAR OE Shocks
- TRP: 20 Years of Quality and Value
- The Right Drum for the Right Application
- For Flexibility and Durability, Think TRP Exhaust Bellows
- TRP All-Makes All-March Event
- TRP Introduces Fan Clutch Repair Kits
- TRP Introduces All-Makes Super Heavy Duty AC Compressors
- TRP Announces New Warranty And Product Offerings For Performance-tested Air Springs
- TRP® Introduces New Lubricant Program
- TRP A/C Compressors Withstands the Most Demanding Applications
- TRUST TRP® REMANUFACTURED BRAKES
- PACCAR Genuine Tips to Keep Your Battery in Top Condition
- TRP® Presents Tips to Maintain Your Battery Year-Round
- Know Your Torque Rods: Inspection and Replacement
- TRP® U-Bolt Kits
- TRP® Chemicals
- TRP® Oil Coalescing Cartridges
- TRP® Extended Life Coolant
- TRP® Windshield Glass
- TIPS FOR LIFE ON THE ROAD
- PACCAR Parts Launching New Electric Vehicle Charging Stations